Employment Status: PPT / Casual
Location: Alice Springs
Applications Close: Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a rewarding, fun and balanced lifestyle with a company that really cares?
Casa Services Ltd is Central Australia’s highest quality provider with a 40-year history supporting people with disabilities in Alice Springs, and we’re hiring!
Casa is seeking enthusiastic, passionate and ethical Disability Support Workers who are dedicated to helping people with disabilities live their best life, using a person-centred approach.
About the Role
The Disability Support Worker actively supports the needs of people with disability by supporting and promoting their skills and abilities, helping with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring the person’s unique life goals and plans.
This role is permanent part-time, 30 – 37.5 hours per week, on a 24-hour, seven-day roster which may include day, afternoon, active nights, sleepovers, and public holidays.
Disability Support Workers work across the different services within the organisation:
- Supported independent Living (SIL) – support with daily life tasks to develop independent living skills in a shared house
- Home Support – support in a person’s home to maximise living, social and recreational skills
- Centre Support – high quality community based day services that support and promote inclusion for people with disability
- Community Support – support services in the community to encourage independence and promote a sense of being a valued and participating member of the community
What’s in it for you?
- Working with great people! Our employees and participants are top notch. We are a caring and fun-loving organisation that puts people first.
- Base Salary Range from $45,427.00 – 61,952.00
- Salary Packaging
- 5 week’s annual leave
- Alice Springs is a great place to live with an outstanding work-life balance!
How can I tell if this is for me?
If this sounds like you then please apply:
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the disability or related sector including knowledge of providing participant choice and self-directed supports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with participants, their family, community members and other agencies.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to deal with unexpected tasks.
- Have strong values and are looking to make a difference in the lives of those living with a disability in Central Australia
How to Apply
Send an email to expressing your interest for the role. We will send you an application and position description.
At Casa Services we pride ourselves on having a flexible and inclusive work environment. If you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please tell us and we will be happy to assist.
All applicants are required to undergo employment screening through probity checks prior to commencing.
casa Services reserve the right to remove this post before the specified closing date.
casa is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment and promotion without regard to race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender history, marital status, family status and responsibility, political and religious conviction, impairment or pregnancy.
We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
We encourage people with disability to apply.