Employment Status: PPT / Casual
Location: Alice Springs
Applications Close: Ongoing
About Casa Services
Casa Services is a community based non-government organisation offering a variety of support to people with disabilities. The key purpose of the organisation is to focus on maximizing and developing self-reliance in accordance with an individual’s personal goals, potential, and ability.
About the Role
The Disability Support Worker actively supports the individual needs of people with disability through supporting and promoting their skills and abilities, providing support with activities of daily living, and developing, implementing, and monitoring the individual’s goals and plans.
This role is a Permanent Part Time between 30 – 37.5 hours per week, on a 24-hour, seven day a week roster which may include broken shifts, day, afternoon, active nights, sleepovers, and public holidays.
Disability Support Workers work across the different services within the organisation:
- Supported independent Living (SIL) – support with daily life tasks to develop the skills of an individual to live as independently as possible in a group or shared living arrangement, reflective of 24-hour care, 7 days/week
- Home Support – support services provided in the individuals’ home aimed at maximising living, social and recreational skills
- Centre Support – high quality community based and individualised day services that support and promote inclusion for people with disability
- Community Support – support services provided to individuals in the community to encourage independence and promote a sense of being a valued and participating member of the community
How can I tell if this is for me?
If this sounds like you then please apply:
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the disability or related sector including knowledge of providing participant choice and self-directed supports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with participants, their family, community members and other agencies.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to deal with unexpected tasks.
- Have strong values and looking to make a difference in the lives of those living with a disability in Central Australia.
What is in it for you?
- Working with great people! Both our employees and participants are top notch. We are a caring and fun-loving organisation that put people first.
- Base Salary Range between $43,524.00 – $59,337.50
- PBI Salary Packaging with CBB
- 5 Weeks of annual leave
- Alice Springs is a great place to live with an outstanding work life balance!
How to Apply
Send an email to [email protected] expressing your interest for the role. We will forward you an application and position description.
Here at Casa Services, we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
All applicants are required to undergo employment screening through probity checks prior to commencing.
casa Services reserve the right to remove this post before the specified closing date.
casa is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment and promotion without regard to race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender history, marital status, family status and responsibility, political and religious conviction, impairment or pregnancy.
We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
We encourage people with disability to apply.